Thursday, May 31, 2018

My comfort left me

Sunset at Onay Beach, Northern Samar

In my pursuit to live my life out of my comfort zone, my comfort left me. When I got home last week from the field visit we just had, I realized that I am not as comfortable as I used to be. I have been restless, anxious, confused, and tired for weeks. Always thinking where to go next and what to do next because every time I feel a little comfortable in a place, with a person, or in a situation, I start to worry that it's not challenging me anymore. Being comfortable made me fear that I may not be giving my best anymore. Being comfortable made me feel stagnant, idle, and unimportant. Maybe this is what happens when we tell ourselves to always take risks, to always go out of our comfort zones, to always meet peoples' expectations of us, maybe in our pursuit of going out "there", comfort leaves us and we start to rattle. The concept of taking risks and pushing ourselves to our very limit are not at all bad, but they tend to be a pressure sometimes that it hits us right through the core when we figure out that we are not challenging ourselves anymore. But you know, maybe we don't always have to take risks, maybe we don't always have to go all-in for someone or something, maybe staying put is not a bad thing after all, maybe being there in the moment is all we will ever need at that very moment, with that very feeling. You see, it is a good thing that we challenge ourselves everyday, that we strive for more, but please remember that doing what needs to be done is sometimes just the perfect combination for a job well done. We cannot always be exemplary in what we do, but we are always, always extraordinary as we are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment