Wednesday, December 14, 2016

To The Next Man Who Will Love Me

Sorry. I think I am going to take awhile before I can finally present myself to you. I have been trying for years to be the perfect one and just lately I realized that I don't have to be perfect and I don't have to be perfect for someone so I am now rebuilding myself, picking everything up again, and prioritizing the things and people that matter. I am actually excited to meet you, be with you, love you, and marry you. I am excited for everything that we could be. But while you are not here, I hope you don't mind if I go out, no, not to meet other boys, but to go out there and travel the world. I hope you don't mind if sometimes I don't like socializing and would rather choose to stay inside my room and just watch movies & random videos all night long. I hope you don't mind if I don't wear makeup on and yes, I don't like dressing up too. I hope you don't mind seeing me in my jeans, shirt & sneakers. I hope you don't mind my curly and wavy hair. I hope you don't mind my too big hips and my flat-chested boobs. I hope you don't mind the way I walk and the way I talk because sometimes I talk non-sense, well, maybe most of the time and sometimes I throw my punchlines wrong. I also hope that you don't mind my choice of music, and the way I sing out of tune to every music that plays on the radio. I hope you don't mind that sometimes I eat too much. Hey, I love food! I hope you don't find it weird when I squeal every time I see puppies and dogs!! Please don't find it weird if I want to hug you after a fight or sometimes I just want to stay quiet and not talk to you for hours.

More than these, I hope that you don't mind me texting you at 3 AM saying "Hey, I know you're sleeping, but I just want to say I love you. Sleep tight." or sometimes... "Trump/Duterte sucks!!!"
I hope you don't mind me taking photographs of you while you're sleeping or driving or watching TV or just LITERALLY WHEN YOU'RE DOING THINGS AND YOU'RE JUST BEING YOU. I hope you don't mind me taking selfies with you. I hope you don't find it weird when I call you nicknames only the two of us will know, lol. I hope you don't find me weird worshiping and raising my hands while singing at church. I hope you find it okay if I comfort you with Bible verses because sometimes those are what you really will need. I hope you don't mind if I get too close with your siblings because all my life, I never had one. I hope you'll like my poems, essays, and blog entries about you. I hope you'll appreciate my little victories and cheer me up when I get sad. I hope you'll like my taste of music, movies, and books! But it's okay if not! But at least respect my choices! Haha! :D (to be continued)

2 comments:

  1. I love this. Thanks for your honesty. This is precisely how I feel when I think about the soulmate I've yet to meet.
    Thanks
    Ayesha
    PS You might like my site, womenlovepower.com. I went through my own journey of rebuilding and empowering myself, and now I help others do the same.

    ReplyDelete