Tuesday, July 19, 2016

SHAVED!



Aaaaah! Feels good! I feel good to finally let go of my top burden since high school! My damaged hair due to straightening chemicals! I used to hate my curly and buhaghag (what's the english equivalent of this word lol) hair back then, and so, I would always go to the salon every 6 months to get my hair straightened until one day, it got so dry, damaged, frizzy, and, uhm, disgusting. lol I got so insecure that I opted to the ponytail trend everyday and would just let my hair down before going to bed and make sure that I do first thing in the morning is to bun my hair and make sure that no one would see me with my disgusting damaged hair :( Then, I learned about Alopecia. I have known this before through TV interviews I have seen with women having Alopecia. I have always wondered how it feels like. Seeing your hair slowly drifting away from you and not knowing when it would grow back or will it ever grow back? I felt like I have to do something. I need to do something. I thought that shaving my head is the answer! It's a win-win situation though! I get to get rid of this hair and I get to help for #AlopeciaAwareness too! And so I did! And I have never felt more brave! I have never felt more alive and weightless! Haha!

LEARNING:

Alopecia is a type of hair loss that damages not only the head, but also the emotions of both men and women who suffer from this hair loss. It affects their self-esteem and their perception about life. But hey, we are all still beautiful. With or without the hair! Smiling and acceptance is the key! :) Love you all!!

#AlopeciaAwareness

1 comment: