Sunday, January 20, 2013

ILOCOS ICE CREAM

While on a tour at Ilocos, I saw a man selling ice cream. I thought it was just some kind of "dirty ice cream" that we also have in Manila. Since I am sweaty and all, I decided to buy one. The man smiled at me and told me, "masarap po ito, maam." I replied by saying, "sige, kuya. Pabili pong isa." Then he opened the storage. It was a color green ice cream inside!! I thought to myself, "could this be pandan flavor?" Then, he started to scoop then ice cream. When he is all done, he gave me my ice cream. I asked him, "kuya, ano pong flavor nito?" Then he said, "Avocado po." I was surprised! Then he added, "natural po iyan, maam." That made me more surprised! NATURAL?! AVOCADO?! I SHOULD REALLY TASTE THIS!! Then I started to indulge to my ice cream and to my surprise, it was very very very yummy! It is really natural because I can still taste the bitter-ish side of the avocado. I was amazed! I wanted to buy one gallon of it and bring it home, but no. :( Since then, this ice cream has been my favorite. 


If you happen to visit Ilocos, don't miss this ice cream!! :) vendors are just out on the street so make sure to look-out for them! This ice cream costs 20 pesos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment