Tuesday, November 10, 2015

To My Bestfriend's Ex-Boyfriend


Dear you,

You probably know by now that I hate you. Well, kind of. Not totally hate you, but at some point I did consider throwing you into the river and punch you until you drown. Not until I have heard your side of the story. I wanted my opinion to be non-biased and so here I am. Understanding that you still love her, I have already forgiven you. It still aches my heart when I stare at her smile, and see that it is different than before. Before she had you, before the pain, before the hurt. Don't worry, she still manage to laugh and hang-out with her friends without you. She had been doing that act too well. Yes, she's fine. No, she's not happy. She still thinks about you. You haunt her dreams, her reality, her life, her heart. She still mentions your name and talk about how good your cooking was. Sometimes, we talk about you getting wasted with your friends and then calling her to say nothing, but a sigh of drunkenness.I knew everything about you because of her stories. And you know what, her eyes get wet a little every time she mentions your name and her voice cracks every time she would talk about you. I've seen all of these. I have seen her being happy with you and now, sad because of you. But, as I have said, do not worry. She is okay. She was. And she will be. I guess, this is what the both of you need. A time to breathe fresh air. Realize and analyze everything that had gone wrong. Do it separately. Please be patient. As she is slowly moving on now from the heartbreak, the pain. 2 years and 7 months (or 8?) is a tough thing to get over with. Give yourselves time to mature. I respect your decision. I know, there is a reason behind it, and whatever it is, I know that you chose it because it is good for the both of you. Yup, I trust you enough to not be a selfish fool who only thinks of himself. I know, this is hard for the both of you. I know you are hurting too, but this time, I have to side with her. I have to stay with her, but you know, I'm always open to hear you as well. Please continue loving her from a distance. Please continue respecting her by not trash talking her just because you guys broke up. Please continue pursuing healing both for your heart and mind. I don't know what might happen in the future. You guys might get together or forever be separated. I really don't know, But whatever it is, I know it will happen for the good. I admit that she has improving to do and so are you. I admit, she is not perfect, she's sometimes impulsive, she shouts at you like her mother does, she tells you hurtful words, she made you feel unappreciated, but please know that she is aware of these. She is aware of the things she need to improve on. And maybe when she's done improving, maybe, just  maybe, she will not be that girl for you anymore. And for that, I will thank you in advance because you have taught her in the most painful way that love was supposed to hurt after all.

Love,
Her hurting bestfriend

No comments:

Post a Comment