Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Teacher D: Cheating?!

I was once a student. I know how it feels not being able to study for the upcoming exam. I know how it feels to be unprepared for the exam. I know the anxiousness, difficulty, and the challenge. It's hard, I must admit. Well, I also cheated, one way or another. (peace) =)) But hey, I have a funny story to tell about my student so keep reading! :D

While making the test questionnaires for my students, there is only one thing in my mind: I HOPE MY STUDENTS DON'T CHEAT. I DON'T CARE IF THEY FAIL MY EXAM, AS LONG AS THEY DO NOT CHEAT. 

Come exam day, and voila! I caught almost 5 students cheating. It's hard to deal with because I don't know if I should call them out right then and there or should I just talk to them right after the exam? I chose to not do anything with it. Weak, I know. I let it pass. I realized that it has been done already and I cannot do anything about it anymore, but I promised myself the next time I caught them cheating, I won't let them get away. 

So here's the funny story. =)) While I was checking their papers, one paper caught my attention. Aside from the fact that my student failed, he also wrote something on the paper.
Translation
(I just copied my answers on Test 1. I said this because you are too kind, ma'am. I am not saying this in the hopes that you will give me higher grades, but I am saying this because I am comfortable with you. If you read this, for sure you'd be laughing.)

I just can't. =)) He's way too honest to even confess his cheating! I understood him. I thank him for being honest. The day after, I talked to him and told him that I appreciate his honesty although there's no changing that he failed and he cheated, I told him that his honesty will take him a long way. I also thanked him for telling such things. I also assured him that the next time he cheats, he won't get away with just one simple message. :D

I really appreciate him though. At least his conscience spoke to him and made him admit his fault. At the end of the day, what would matter most is the integrity, the heart and the character. And I know, this kid will go a long way! God bless him. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment